Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday!

Hi everybody! It's Allayna! So it is currently 4:40 pm and I am supposed to tell you what we have done today. We woke up, had breakfast, did our morning devotions, and were sent off in our small groups for a work day. My group is very fun and I am happy I have fun Canadian friends now. We also have a cool leader named Andrew. Anyway, we went to a warehouse, which is part of "The Good Shepherd" ministry that we are serving. At the warehouse we sorted probably 100+ garbage bags of donated clothes with one other group.
Who knew sorting old clothes could actually be a fun bonding experience??? Well then we had lunch with all of the other groups and I got very excited because I had a yummy veggie burger. After lunch my group went to The Good Shepherd's free food bank and I was one of the "cashiers." Basically the customer would show me their ID and their card for the market, which had a color on it. The color symbolized how many of each item they were allowed to take based on the size of their family, and as I bagged their groceries, I made sure they took the right amount of each item. It was actually so busy! (Sometimes I was too stressed and rushed to actually make sure they weren't stealing food, so I didn't count... sssshhh) The clients are allowed to use their card one time per month. I am thankful for the many different people I was able to meet and serve.

Then we left to shower and I wanted to be the first person to shower because yesterday I had to wait in line, so I walked to the showers with one other boy in my
group named Nolan. He is 15 years old and 4 foot 11. He's a little ball of energy. He was so confident he knew where we has going, and ended up taking me to the wrong building and by the time we realized and went to the correct building, my group was done showering. Long story short, I was mad at Nolan. Well now we are waiting for everyone to get back from their worksites and playing cards and stuff. Thanks for reading and thank you especially for your prayers!!!

-Allayna

No comments:

Post a Comment